(Junior) PHP/Python Developer | AFS Group
As a junior Python developer, you will be part of an intelligent and highly motivated IT team with 15 direct colleagues. You will be working on Markets, our internally developed trading system, used by two out of three of the trading departments at AFS. Markets is used by front office, back office, and finance to manage the whole process of the trades done by our brokers. This system processes trades, sends out confirmations and invoices, handles communication with external parties like clearing and settlement agents and takes care of all needed regulatory reporting.
As a junior Python developer you will be working on extending the system with new features, fixing bugs and working with stakeholders to deliver a better experience to the users. The development will take place in close consultation with your direct IT colleagues, AFS’ front office, back office, and other departments.
Must have experience.
- You have at least 1-year relevant working experience
- You communicate fluently in English (or Dutch)
- Projects using Python.
- Working with Linux (and bash scripting)
- An interest in working on a complex legacy trading system.
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with PyQT
- Projects using PHP
- Solid debugging skills
- You show interest in the financial services industry
- It’s important you are conscientious, and you have a strong sense of agency
- Open in communication to tackle the project's complexities together.
What we offer:
- A dynamic fast-growing organisation
- Unique work location at Beursplein 5 in Amsterdam
- 27 holidays per year
- An international team of enthusiastic colleagues
- Your own van Moof bicycle or NS Business card / travel expense reimbursement (depending on where you live)
- Free indoor fitness and vitality programme
- Collective health insurance via ONVZ (discount on supplementary and dental insurance)
- Competitive AFS lunch arrangement
- Fun AFS activities and Friday afternoon drinks
Get in touch!
Are you ready for a new challenge and do you want to become a member of this highly motivated team on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange? Please submit your application via the application form. For more information about the procedure please feel free to contact Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)20 570 72 56.